segunda-feira, 29 de junho de 2009

Southampton

Today my second week in Southampton has started. The room I am renting is close to the waterfront and to the ferry pier, where sometimes I like going for a walk.

When I was a child and I spent summer holiday at the seaside, I really loved watching boats and ships in harbours, manouvring to approach to docks or to leave the ports. That's why I was excited when, a week ago I saw a container ship entering Southamton bay, pulled by two tugboats; I think I've never seen such a big ship... The following day, while walking down the footpath to the railway station I had an overview on the harbour, with the enormous ship from the previous day and a really big ocean liner.
Usually I try to figure what sailors might do, where they might come from and what their next goal could be...

Here are a few pictures I took while walkng along the seafront.




Isn't it amazing?

Nenhum comentário: